Saturday, October 11, 2008

My new place

Thank you to Kerin, a Branford native for putting me up in Frisco for a few days until I was able to move into my new place. She showed me one hell of a time and even helped me fulfill one of my goals on my gasoline free adventure - riding a horse. I rode Rusty, a horse with a similar personality to Stanley, and had an awesome time while climbing Buffalo Mountain.
On Friday, I returned to my new hometown, Eagle-Vail, right between Vail and Beaver Creek. Stanley and I are living with a woman named Jen, a Jersey native (everyone in this area is actually from somewhere else) and her dog, Otis, in a charming old house. The house was originally owned by a lettuce and potato farmer. When he passed away, his will stated that his heirs could do anything they wanted with the land, except for knocking down his house. The heirs subsequently subdivided the land, and built a golf course, pool and tennis court around the house. We also have an awesome mountain to hike right out the back door. Here are some pics...

Front of the house








Stanley and Otis










Backyard

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks so great! i am sooo happy for you todd!
running the marathon this sunday...will think of you and be inspired!!!
love to you as ever

and sloppy kisses to stanley!