Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This rare mid-day post is in honor of my friend, Steve (aka, the goat), who claims that every new post feels like Christmas morning.
Stanley and I are currently resting up about 4 miles outside of Lompoc and I'm enjoying my new favorite food, the snickers marathon energy bar multi grain crunch flavor. Stan is preferring to hydrate himself only. What a crazy day of riding, well actually walking while pushing a bike. We must have climbed 1,000 feet straight up hill in a matter of 4 miles. If anyone can check into what the highest point on highway 1 between lompoc and the 101 is, I'd be very interested. There's no elevation sign at the top, just an adopt a highway sign. By the way, David Schuessel and family, you are neglecting your portion of the road.
So far today I've learned that I no longer see small inclines as hard and that the only thing funnier than a fat guy riding a motorcycle is a fat guy riding a motorcycle while standing up.

3 comments:

katib said...

Hi Todd,

Where are you? Where is Lompoc? Going downhill is more fun.

Bye, KatiB

mendillo said...

Todd -

First of all, poor Stanley! Even if he does do it to himself, he still suffers!

Second of all - I would totally check the altitude for you along your route, if i could figure out your route! Your interactive map is NOT updated and is not TRACKING your route, not to mention that you are still coming up as at Delaney's until I zoom out from CT and zoom into CA. Help me help you! :-)

mendillo said...

PS - I agree with the Goat!